Friday 18 March 2011

Exciting chess happening in the southwest

Playing a few chess tournaments in the next few months is relatively made easy for me. Due to work commitments, studies and other normal life obsticles I can’t really play a lot of chess tournaments.
At the moment I will definitely play the team competitions with Taunton and Tiverton, including the Somerset Cup final against Glastonbury.
I would love to play the West of England Chess Union tournament during Easter but I am in Greece, having a well-deserved holiday.
Please find some tournaments below, which I might or might not attend. Well at least it’ll give you an idea what’s going on chess-wise in the next month or so. Please click on Entry form for the details of the tournament. In due course I will create a tournament page which I will update regulary.

20th March 2011: Graeme Thomson Memorial Rapidplay in Clifton – Entry form
23rd March 2011: Final Division 1 match vs. Yeovil (If we win we would have won all games)
28th March 2011: Somerset Cup Final vs. Glastonbury in Glastonbury
1st – 3rd April 2011: 1st Bristol Spring Tournament in Filton, Bristol - Entry form
2nd April 2011: Newton Abbott vs. Tiverton, Devon League
9th April 2011: 30th Teignmouth Rapid Chess Tournament – Entry form
22nd – 25th April 2011: 64th Open Congress West Of England Union – Entry form
6th – 8th May 2011: 22nd Frome Chess Congress – Entry form
14th May 2011: Chipping Sodbury Rapidplay – Entry form

24th – 26th June 2011: Yeovil Open – Entry forms not available yet

That's it so far. All tourney details can be found either on the Bristol website or the Devon website. I hope that helps a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment